**IMPORTANT** If your surgery requires you to be sedated, you MUST follow the instructions for sedation surgeries below. Failing to do so may result in your surgery being rescheduled to ensure your safety. If you do not know if your surgery requires sedation, please call our Implant Coordinators at 1.866.849.7626 ext. 2240 or 2211.
Please note that patients under the age of 18 are required to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
We ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time in order to review the necessary paperwork.
Instructions for Patients Having Sedation:
- Food and drink (including water) are NOT permitted for 8 hours prior to surgery.
- A responsible driver/parent must accompany the patient and is required to remain in the office during the procedure. The driver will be responsible for filling any prescriptions for medication and must stay with the patient for the remainder of the day.
- Please note that the driver/parent will also be responsible for payment on the account in full at the time of surgery.
Instructions for Patients Having Freezing (No Sedation):
- No fasting is required.
- If the doctor has advised that an antibiotic is to be taken prior to surgery, please ensure it is taken 1 hour before the scheduled appointment time.
- If the doctor requires a guided or surgical stent, please ensure you bring it to your surgical appointment.
- If a temporary denture is to be inserted by the oral surgeon at the time of surgery, please obtain it from your dentist and bring it to your surgical appointment.
- If you have had a recent joint replacement, the orthopedic surgeon recommends antibiotic coverage 1 hour before the surgical appointment.
- Please note that payment on the account, in full, is due at the time of surgery.
Acceptable forms of payment are cash, debit, American Express, Visa, and Mastercard. We do not accept cheques.
If you have insurance coverage, we will submit the claim on your behalf and any charges covered by your insurance provider will be reimbursed directly to you.